Tuesday, September 17, 2013

....but I do EVERYTHING!



It's so easy to get overwhelmed with everything there is to do as a mother, isn't it?! 

We do the dishes.
We do the laundry.
We do the meal planning.
We do the grocery shopping.
We cook all the meals.
We clean all the floors.
We wash all the toilets.
We wipe all the butts.
We do all the dusting.
We.do.everything. EVERYTHING!

As my chiropractor always says, we deserve a reward that says "Supermom", right?! But ever get in that "woe is me" mood? Ever throw yourself a pity party? I sure have! More often than I'm willing to type out! 

I saw this scripture tonight, and it came alive in my soul.


"For who is greater, he who sits at the table, or he who serves? Is it not he who sits at the table? Yet I am among you as the One who serves." Luke 22:27 (KKJV)

Ladies, when we serve our family, we're acting in the likeness of Christ. He was the greatest of all people, without sin. If ANYONE deserved to be served, it would be Him! 

When you're feeling discouraged, overwhelmed, and unappreciated, remember that you are serving, just as the Savior of the world did. You're showing your children Christ through your selflessness and your service to them and your family.



No comments: