Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Another PUL update/rant

Hey everyone!

I just wanted to keep you all in "the know" about the PUL situation!

I got a call back first thing tuesday morning from the company I order from. The lady said that they've been getting a lot of calls saying with people thinking that their 2 mil is 1 mil. So she asked me to send in a sample. She explained that depending on where the milling process starts on my roll, some yards might be milled "tighter" than other giving the feel of 1 mil. So I got off the phone thinking "Oh! That could be it!" so I went and felt the roll again. There is just *no way* that is 2 mil. So I mailed off a small sample to them this morning.

I'm going to call them tomorrow morning and see if she will have a roll ready to send off to me as soon as they see it's 1 mil. I'm super duper anxious to get the PUL. I feel like my hands are tied!

I've gone through all my "scraps" (aka pieces of PUL that's I've taken a cut from and just never came back to b/c of laziness) and got as many bags as I could from them. I completed 3 custom orders- 1 of which was very big. So hopefully when I do get the PUL back in, I will still be ahead of the game, or very close to it at least!

Anyways, I had a few bags made for my guest stocking over at Avant-Garde (http://www.hyenacart.com/avant-garde). Go take a look! There's a few things left!

Here's a kitchen wet bag that I stocked:


And here's an unpaper towels/wet bag set:




If you read, please let me know! It will encourage me to keep posting and even hold some "specials".

Thanks!

~Heather

2 comments:

Courtney said...

How discouraging to not be able to get what you need. I hope that the problem is quickly resolved for you. Your bags are just beautiful! :)

wombfruit said...

Yay! I love your new layout, girl! Cute, cute, cute! I love keeping up with your blog :)