Sunday, February 28, 2010

Sabbath-Rest- Obedience to God's Word!

"It still remains that some will enter that rest, and those who formerly had the gospel preached to them did not go in, because of their disobedience......There remains, then, a Sabbath-rest for the people of God; for anyone who enters God's rest also rests from his own work, just as God did from his. Let us, therefore, make every effort to enter that rest, so that no one will fall by following their example of disobedience." Hebrews 4: 6, 9-11

This morning as I was reading their Hebrews, I believe that the Lord really pointed this scripture out to me. As I set out on my journey to become a Godly homemaker, wife and mother, it seems like my "job" is everyday, it's constant. There's always things that need to be done whether it be the dishes, laundry, cooking, etc. There's always a job that needs to be done. I'm still a work at home mom too with sewing my wet bags and the time I get the most done is on the weekends when Jason is home and I can sew. Today I was feeling challenged though, to not doing any sewing today. To step away from the dishes today. To not do any laundry, but instead, be obedient to the Word of God- to enter His "sabbath-rest".

Here I am though, thinking about the pile of dishes that I had left in the kitchen from last night- I was really tired last night with a headache- so I just left them there. So, for now on, I'm going to try to plan ahead. For me, that means that I'm going to make sure everything is done on saturday. The dishes will be done that evening and put away, so all I have to do on my sabbath-rest is to rinse of the dishes and put them in the dishwasher. I will have the living room cleaned the night before, so it's not a huge job on the sabbath-rest to clean up. I will make sure on saturday that Jason has clothing to wear for work on monday. I will take a rest from my sewing.

It will require a diligence on my part on saturday to make sure things get done, but I really feel that if I'm obedient to God's word and I take a day of rest like HE has commanded, then all the rest of the days of the week, He is going to give me the strength and the energy I need to get everything else done. It's so easy in life to get burned out- especially if you're not taking a day of rest. So, here on out, that is my goal! To obey God is this area of my life!

Will you join me?

1 comment:

Jenn said...

great post ! I will join you :)